Saturday, August 10, 2013

My Introduction

I've been contemplating this blog for months now.  I'd sit around and routinely ramble in my mind, going off on tangent after tangent, never coming to any definitive conclusion for my thoughts.  Today though, after rummaging through the blogs (some brilliant, some needing heart) of my fellow thinkers and writers, I decided was the day I'd begin.

Yet, when I sat down to let loose on the screen what's been captive in my mind, I drew a blank.  Every idea I've chased in the past, all my shortcomings the world would enjoy poking fun at, the rants I create when nothing in particular would create an angry frenzy, everything just disappeared.  I haven't even tried and I already had writers block.  Is this normal?

It is because of this, I decided I'd just introduce myself.  So, here I go!

My name is Jennifer.  I'd share my last name, but I'm in the middle of a divorce so it will be changing anyway, so what's the point?  I have 2 children, Clara and Isaiah, who really are the only things that keep me somewhat lucid.  I was fired from my job in July 2013 which devastated my very existence, but also allowed me to finally focus on something other than my career and divorce.  I live in the lush, rainy, gloomy, and increasingly beautiful state of Washington, but spent over a decade in sunny southern California.

I'd have to say my life has been one mistake after another.  I haven't accomplished much to be proud of, with the exception of my children, but I'm surprisingly undamaged... I think?

Anyway, I anticipate this blog being more of a personal diary or outlet for frustrations, but who knows?  Maybe it will grow into something I can say I'm proud of.

I suppose the cliche "only time will tell" line is going to have to suffice.

No comments:

Post a Comment